Welcome to Next Future Today, hosted by Dan Keldsen.
Find more episodes at https://NextFutureToday.com, on YouTube, or in your favorite podcast app.
In this episode host Dan Keldsen interviews Jon Harris, the CEO and co-founder of BuzzIt, a platform designed to enhance attendee engagement and overall event experience.
It’s a tale of a pivot – dodging and weaving from one idea, connecting college students in big, anonymous classrooms, to much more… watch/listen for the details, in the meantime, here’s the quick summary.
Three Key Takeaways from BuzzIt’s Journey
- The initial idea for BuzzIt was to create a location-based messaging product.
- BuzzIt pivoted to focus on improving attendee engagement and experience at events.
- The platform aims to cater to the unique needs of smaller, more frequent events.
A Step-by-Step Process to BuzzIt’s Evolution
- Initial concept: John Harris was inspired to create a location-based messaging product after a bad experience with a food vendor.
- Pivot to classrooms: Realizing the potential for this product in educational settings, Harris and his team started using it in classrooms to help students connect.
- Transition to events: BuzzIt shifted to events, where it found a better market fit and started focusing on helping event organizers create better experiences for attendees.
- Covid-19 impact: The pandemic forced event organizers to adapt to virtual and hybrid events, and BuzzIt evolved alongside these changes to provide solutions for a niche market.
- 📱 Buzzit began as a location-based messaging product
- 🎓 Initially focused on classrooms for better communication
- 🚀 Shifted focus to events and event organizers
- 🌐 Adapted to online events during the Covid-19 pandemic
- 🤝 Helps both attendees and hosts for better event experiences
- 💼 Target audience: smaller, frequent events (75-150 people)
- ⏳ Saves setup time for event organizers
- 🌉 Bridges the gap between in-person and virtual attendees
- 🎯 Not a one-size-fits-all solution, tailored to a niche market
- 🗣️ Strong engagement with clients to understand their needs
More about BuzzIT at: